This is an old favorite of ours. I have altered it, leaving out the butter and using less almond flour and xylitol for sugar to make it THM friendly. It is definitely an E meal. It tastes like a dessert but we eat it as a side dish. It is also dairy, gluten and soy free.
Sweet Potato-Apple-Cranberry Crisp
1 (40 oz) can sweet potatoes (or yams; I’ve never been able to figure the difference; I think they are sweet potatoes but are always labelled yams), drained
4 apples, cored and cut into wedges
1 c fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 c almond meal
1 c rolled oats
1 tbsp molasses
1/2 c xylitol
1 tbsp cinnamon
approx 1/4 c water
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a 9×13″ casserole, layer potatoes, apples and then cranberries.
3. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except water. Add water a little at a time until the whole mixture is moist.
4. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
5. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes until apples are tender.
6. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes until topping begins to brown.